Here I am. Really, really, really, really making a stab at being a blogger. So, here it goes. And with that...
 |
| Sisters who watch programs together don't fight together. |
Have you guys seen the show Word Girl? It is on PBS, that is channel 9 here, but you can watch it on the
internet too because living in the future is amazing. After 3 years* of children's programming, I may have lost all perspective in this area, but it is a really good show. This is where you might call my credibility into question, I think it might be enjoyable even if you aren't watching it with kids. Also, I don't mind watching Dora, just saying in the spirit of full disclosure. Anyways, the cast is pretty amazing and like all of the best shows, the laughs are for the adults and the kids. One of the main villains, Mr. Big, is voiced by none other than
Hank Kinsley or Jeffrey Tambor. Genius. So, totally check it out.
 |
| Us with our hound of love, Mickey |
Another thing I've been really into is listening to Hounds of Love by Kate Bush, mostly the song Running Up That Hill, I love watching the
music video too. We first listened to the album when Ken borrowed it from the library 7 or so years ago. We had a hound dog, so it seemed obvious that we would listen to something called Hounds of Love. Anyways, Running Up That Hill is a really good song. Guess what? Even more suspect than my taste in television shows, is my taste in music. See my devotion to Sarah McLaughlin from 1994 to 2004 for evidence. What? She is awesome! So, take away what you will from my endorsement.
*Yes, Ada is almost 5 but she didn't watch TV regularly for the first 1.5 years. I have standards, but obviously the same is not true for little June. All TV all the time. Her first words were "Where is the remote?"
Those were not really June's first words, I think they were Mama or something. Her first phrase was "Honey jump head." She was talking about our foster puppy jumping on her head, adorable!
ReplyDelete